New members are always welcome!
Coburg Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the history of the local area. By becoming a member you are helping preserve Coburg’s history for present and future generations.
As a member, you will receive newsletters and updates and free use of our research collection. You will also have the opportunity to meet with fellow history enthusiasts at our monthly meetings, during museum hours or when undertaking historical projects.
Volunteering with the Coburg Historical Society
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organisation. Get involved! Help secure our future!
Volunteering opportunities include:
- Volunteering at Museum openings (every Friday from 12 til 2 pm and the first Sunday of each month from 2.30 to 4pm)
- Museum maintenance, gardening etc.
- Assisting with school and other group visits
- Developing resources for schools to use
- Interviewing (oral histories)
- Photographing buildings, precincts, events, people in the local area
- Researching people, places or events.
- Documenting aspects of the area’s history over the past 50 years (ie 1960s to present); sourcing material relating to Coburg’s past
- Indexing projects
- Digitisation of images and ephemera
- Preparing exhibitions and displays
- Organising walks and talks
- Joining the committee
Becoming a member
If you would like to join, please print out and fill in the following form with your details. Mail it, along with your cheque, to the Coburg Historical Society or pay by Direct Debit and email your details to us at the email address listed below.